The how to get rid of mice guide
Mice can easily chew through walls, electrical wires and many other materials in and around your house and can cause thousands of pounds worth of damage if left unchecked. A mouse or any kind of rodent infestation in your home or business leaves you and other members of the public at the risk of disease and other health issues. Here are some steps that can be taken to help you get rid of mice:
- DIY solutions – Unfortunately DIY solutions are usually ineffective and costly where illuminating mouse infestation is concerned.
- Proofing your home – Fill up all the holes and cracks you can find around your house and fit covers to air bricks vents.
- Bushes, trees and general clutter stacked up against your house – Cut back trees and bushes and remove clutter because mice will use them to get into your house.
- Keep your kitchen clean and tidy – always avoid leaving dirty washing up for any period of time. A few scraps of old food on a plate is a feast for mice.
- Clean up any scraps of food from your kitchen floor and work surfaces. Mice love your food scraps.
- Airtight containers – seal dried food such as cereals, bread and other items that would prove an easy meal for mice in airtight containers.
- Call Country Life Pest Control Ltd
Country Life Pest Control specialises in the extermination of mice. We will help you get rid of mice and advise on how to prevent future infestations.
If you have noticed signs of a mouse infestation or have seen mice around your home or place of work, contact Country Life Pest Control for a professional friendly discussion on how we can get rid of your mice.
How to get rid of mice in walls
Mice can enter your walls, or wall cavity, in a number of ways including small cracks and holes on the outside of your property, poorly sealed doors, old drain pipes and air brick vents. These are of course the main access points in which mice will enter your home.
Having mice scurrying and running through the walls of your house or place of business should be more than enough cause for alarm. Mice love to gnaw things and will easily make light work of electric cables and plastic pipework found within the confides of your walls. Not only are the repairs for electrical damage caused by Mice costly, damage to electric cables caused by rodents puts you and your family at risk of fire.
In short, DIY solutions for Mice control will be costly and in our experience - which is shared by the views of many of our clients – ineffective. The easiest and most cost-effective solution to get rid of mice inside your walls is by calling Country Life Pest Control and we will tailor make a solution that gets rid of your current mice infestation and offer advice and solutions to ensure they do not come back where possible.
Mouse infestation signs
Although mice are considered commensal, meaning that mice and other rodents are happy living with and near to humans, they are shy and will avoid humans wherever possible. Mice are also nocturnal and are mostly active at night, although there are occasions where mice are seen inside your home or place of business during daylight hours which normally indicates a high-level mouse infestation.
- Droppings – Mice droppings can be found under kitchen sinks, on kitchen work surfaces, behind furniture and even under the bath. Mouse droppings bac contain bacteria which have the potential of leading to serious health problems.
- Urine - Mice infestations can usually be spotted by the stains of urine left behind by the mouse. If you have a particularly heavy infestation, small mounds can form which are a combination of grease, dirt, and hair combined with mouse urine. These mounds are known as “Urine pillars,” and indicate that mice activity has been present for some time.
- Evidence of gnawing – a good sign mice infestation is clear evidence of gnawing, causing damage to furniture, paper, boxes, carpets, food items and packaging. Mice will also gnaw through skirting boards in order to seek harbourage and food inside your house. These holes are often clearly visible
- Smear marks – Mice are not equipped with the best vision and use tactile hairs to navigate the areas in which they live and will mostly stay in close proximity to, and travel along wall edges and skirting leaving behind them clear smear marks caused by a combination of dirt and grease from their fur
Mouse control by Country Life Pest Control
Country Life pest controllers are fully qualified, highly trained and equipped to find where mice in your home or place of business are hiding and get rid of them quickly. It takes experience and a keen eye to spot signs of mice and rats.
- A thorough Initial survey inside and outside of the property
- Fast response time – usually within 24 hours
- Tailored solutions to ensure fast mice extermination. We look for where the mice are hiding, where they enter, and if possible where they are nesting.
- We offer customer friendly advice and tips on how to prevent mice from returning where possible.
- All of our work is guaranteed for existing rodent infestations
Mice inspection survey
Bringing peace and tranquillity back to your home by getting rid of mice begins with a Country Life Pest Control property survey. After our initial telephone consultation, we will visit your home or place of work to conduct a thorough inspection before initiating a tailor-made program to ensure your current rodent infestation eliminated.
Contact Country Life Pest Control to arrange your personal property survey today.
Why should you choose Country Life Pest Control?
Fast and Friendly Service
Family-owned business with over 30 years customer service experience. You are guaranteed a friendly reassuring voice over the phone and excellent customer service, offering same-day call out or within 24 hours.
Fully Qualified and Insured
We are fully qualified to industry standard RSPH Level 2, Members of the NPTA and Members of the Professional Pest Controllers Register, so you are in safe hands.
After an initial site survey, we will recommend the best treatment to solve your pest infestation. In all cases, all treatments are in line with current codes of practice and are both child and pet-friendly.
Free no-obligation quotes
In most cases, we are able to offer free quotations for control of pests over the phone and guarantee no call out charge on completed work.